Getting Married..need help

So im planning this on my own..and its kinda on a budget...i need websites..and HELP! LOL where can i go. where do i start?! and its a non denominational type wedding!! ALL help will be greatly appreciated!!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Watch out for scams! They are all over in the wedding industry.
    Create an email address just for wedding spam or your mailbox will be overwhlemed.
    When you go some place like David's Bridal give them the address you created because they WILL sell your info.

I just saw a piece on the news about buying used wedding dresses. You can find them on Craiglist or even in consignment shops. You usually have to ask at the consignment shops because they're big so they are stored else where.

Skip things like programs for the service. They're a waste of time and money. They just end up littered all over.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• to be honest sweet if u want it cheap then go to like the court house and do it that what then have a reception and invite just close family like parents and brother and sisters to the Court house and everyone  to the reception it be a lot quicker and a lot of stress off of u and u will have more money to spend on the reception

honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 4:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I gave my dd a backyard wedding. It was amazing and cheap but classy.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Print your own invitations, do your own flowers and decor, make your own veil (it's not hard at all e-mail me if you need help) hire a freelance cake decorator for your cake and or do it yourself or comission a very sweet and patient family member to learn the art and do it for you (learning the skills needed could pay off for them in the future;P) Plan your wedding right after lunch so the reception can be something simple and classy like punch, coffee, and cake (meals are ridiculously expensive try $10 a plate and up!) To save your bridesmaids money buy prom dresses or home coming dresses after they have been marked down and clearanced out and you yourself could consider a white prom dress rather than a wedding gown, have you seen the prom dresses these days? Also check ebay fro EVERYTHING from dresses to tiaras to ring bearer pillows. E-mail me if you need more help
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I found my bridesmiads dresses at Goodwill around prom time. I would definitely check out the clearance prom dresses after prom and homecoming season at the dept stores or what not. I just got 3 small/med cakes from Publix (like $10 ea) and set them up on stands. The other foods came from WalMart deli. Fed plenty. If you're close to a military base and know someone who can get on base, you can rent tables, chairs, tents, etc for CHEAP!!! My MIL found the flower girls dresses on sale at a kids dress shop. Since it's a non-denominational wedding you may be able to find a pastor or justice of the peace (judge) online that can do the actual ceremony for cheap. Going to the courthouse and then having the reception elsewhere is a good idea as well. I really didn't use any websites, most of those were geared towards people with money to spend (and we most certainly did NOT).
    Aidans_Mom915

Answer by Aidans_Mom915 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Run, Run as fast as you can ahhhhh!!!!! LOL. No seriously I think all these ladies have wonderful ideas. I went to our preachers house and had ours there. And then later on we had a bigger one.
    Anonymous

• OMG you guys are awesome..most of this i havent even thought of besides the printing things out on my own...im not too creative and most of my fam i either dont talk to or theyre not married lol...THANKS SOOO MUCH! this should give me a good headstart..anyone have ne clue how much i should plan for a budget for something like this..ive got a few months....actually ive got as long as i want..but knowing how much to plan gives me a time frame...

I do have a few family members that can get on base!! thanks for that idea...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2009