when does tha baby drop?? and does sex lead to early labor??

me and my mother wanted to know when or what time the baby drops?
i am 2 weeks till my due date... no sign of dilation, but i have heard that having more sex will lead to early labor?
is it true?? should i stop having sex??

JakesLady666

Asked by JakesLady666 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are two weeks from your due date, you are considered full term. Even if your baby was born tonight, he wouldn't be a premie. Your due date is an educated guess - anywhere from 3 weeks before that date to 2 weeks after is normal. That's a FIVE week window... it's not a very precise guess, is it?

Should you stop having sex? Only if your doctor has said to. Since he hasn't, go ahead.
    Can it start labor? Thoughts are mixed. Something in the semen can help soften your cervix. And some think that an orgasim can help jump start labor but that has never been proven as far as I know. Again - your doctor hasn't said not to, so dont' worry about it.

When does the baby drop? There is no good average. Some drop weeks before, some moments before.

Rest, relax, putter around your quiet house. Enjoy a spur of the moment evening out. Enjoy sleeping in. Baby will be here soon enough.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• my babies both dropped during labor. My second I knew for sure because my chiropracter checked the positioning that day and I went into labor several hours later. but you baby can drop weeks in advance or during labor.

as far as inducing labor... nothing is guaranteed. you can try to walk up and down stairs, swim, have sex, evening primose helps rippen your cervix (as does sex I believe), accupressure (or accupunture) which I think helps relax you. I hope this helps, hang in there, you don't want your baby coming too early.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It's not the sex, it's the climax. When you reach your big O, your muscles contract across your belly, just like labor. so you need to make sure your getting yours! LOL But i would wait another week closer to your date.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2009