how reliable are ultrasound techs?

when i went to find out the sex of my baby, the baby halfway opened her legs(a good sign, eh?) but the tech said i was having a girl but since the legs werent wide open, and from what she could tell there were no protruding male parts, its more than likely im having a girl. then the tech said there were 3 white dots associated with female babies. my shower going to be girl themed but i still think there a chance for a boy. anyone relate or got some advice? thanks.

Luvli1andlil1

Asked by Luvli1andlil1 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your doctor should go over the results with you
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I'm having a girl and her legs were wide open, and there were the 3 lines which she also told me were her "parts".
    But you never know, it can happen.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 4:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My baby's legs weren't opened wide enough either. Tech said it was a girl.With my first baby i was told i was having a girl and exactly a week before i gave birth i found out he was a boy! Had to take back all the girl clothes i had gotten from my baby shower! So with this second pregnancy baby wouldn't open legs and tech told me this one was a girl. I was definitely skeptical and a couple of months later I told a little white lie to my doc and told him that I accidently tripped and fell on the pavement. (Thank God I never did!) Well he immediately ordered another ultrasound and this time we got a better view and she definitely was a girl!
    Anonymous

• 3 lines, it's a girl. If it looked like a baby turtle sitting down there, it's a boy! The ball sac and the penis look like a turtle on an ultrasound. You're having a girl.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2009