Tight jeans : P

I wear them, not so tight where I cant breathe but form fitting. I kind of have to suck in the belly before I button them : P.

I'm only 6 weeks pregnant and was wondering if I should stop wearing my jeans so tight or if I could wait a while before doing clothes shopping since its so early in the pregnancy.

Can tight jeans hurt a pregnancy this early?

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 4:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if anything it'll just be uncomfortable for you. And depending on how you feel yuou may wana get some paternity clothes now. At least a pair of jeans for those days when ur belly starts to get bigger, you wont have to rush to the store
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i got yelled at for them being so tight from the doc so i just didnt button the i just folded the button in so it wasnt to be seen cuz i coulnd afford to buy bigger clothes and then turn right around and do it again
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Tight jeans can cause nerve damage and other things in you without the pregnancy.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• They sell these bands that go over your unbuttoned pants for the "in-between" stage. It looks like the bottom of an undershirt because it can be seen below your shirt, but it covers up the fact that your pants are unbuttoned and still holds them up and allows you to go longer before having to buy maternity clothes!! They're geat =) GL
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• if you want to wear your regular jeans but cant button them but theyre otherwise comfy, theres this item called maternity band. it fits over or under belly for comfort. lets you wear your pants without buttoning and worrying about them falling. i found them at target for about $15, but that was online. might be available in stores so you can try it on and decide.
    Luvli1andlil1

Answer by Luvli1andlil1 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I'm right there with MadisonsMom0408. I bought one for my work pants and I've ended up wearing it with just about every pair of pants I own! It is reallly stretchy and i can bearly tell it's there at all... unless it gets up real high on my tummy. But I LOVE it!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• if i were you, i would stop wearing tight jeans now
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Stop it now. You need to be worring about the health of your unborn baby, not how great you look in some tight jeans! Motherhood has jeans that have a stretchy waist and are tight in the leg. Try those.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• The bands other mothers are talking about that look like a tank top or undershirt are called Bella Bands and they do have them in the stores at Target. You can wear your pants unbuttoned or you can use a rubber band to keep them closed and then wear the Bella Band over top. My SIL has an extender thing she uses in some of her pants. I don't know where she got it, though. I hated having my jeans buttoned even when they weren't too tight because of the bloating from the gas. It was so uncomfortable.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I borrowed maternity clothes from my SIL around that time and they were so much better than my jeans!
    lilkgfan

Answer by lilkgfan at 10:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2009