what is the normal basal temp.........................? PLEASE HELP!!! (again)

prior to Ovultion it was from 97.0 to 97.4 after ovulation it was 97.5 to 97.7. my period is due today and my temp yesterday morning was 97.5 and today is 97.7 is that normal or what? i only started charting this cylce and im not 100% sure how it works ll works????? please help oh and wats a cover line?

sarahandmark09

Asked by sarahandmark09 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Take you temp every morning before getting out of bed for 3 to 4 months, this will give you a better ides of when you will ovulate, Some rules...you must take it before getting out of bed, it must be in the morning, in the same spot, using the same therm. It is a good idea to chart the first day of your period and keep going...You temp will go up on ovulation and will remain slightly up...FYI, if you are on a 28 day cycle you should ovu,ate about 14 days before your next period, with that info plus your vaginal wettness can help you pin point the best time to concieve, just before you ovulate you will have a clear, slick discharge, you know the one that always makes you feel wet, that is a sign of ovulation also.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• The day you start your period, your temp should drop below your coverline. It is an easy way of knowing that you are starting that day, but also depressing if you are TTC! The coverline is line that "separates' preovulation and post ovulation. I think it is just one or two tenths of a degree above your average temp. For instance, my preovulation temps are usually 97.5, or a bit lower. So my coverline is at 97.6. Then once you have 3 consecutive days of temps above your coverline, it is assumed that you have ovulated. I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and the software that goes with it. The software is a huge help in charting. It does all the work for you, you just plug in your temps and cervical changes and it does the rest.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2009