Packing Hospital Bag

What all should I remember to pack??? Just making sure I'm not forgetting anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• chapstick.
    clothes for baby.
    slippers
    robe
    clothes for going home
    lots of extra panties
    warm socks
    shampoo (if you're going to shower?)
    make up
    hairbrush
    snacks
    pillows!!!
    camera (batteries &/or film depending on your camera)
    list of phone numbers to call to announce birth
    notepad & pen to write down things you want to remember (when you dilated. etc)

I dont know if i forgot anything.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 5:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Outfit for the baby. A blanket and hat for the baby. A carseat. A robe for you. Your bath stuff, shampoo, makeup , toothbrush, ect. Some maxi pads, the hospitals suck. I brought my pillow from home too. If you have long hair you may want to bring a hair scrunchie or a head band. Some warm socks too. Hospitals are cold. My husband brought lotion and rubbed in on my feet and legs afterwards. (nice) PS--take the diapers in the room home with you too. (you'll need all you can get!)LOL
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I am packing my bag as well, but I was told that if you are planning on breastfeeding that you might want to bring a boppy if you have one.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 5:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Quarters for vending machines!
    Also bring your own nightgowns and robes. The ones they have are gigantic and terrible. Especially when your trying to somewhat look normal when you have visitors or walk down to the nursery. Xtra blankets. Its freezing.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• basically all you need is an outfit for baby to come home in and something to change into for you after baby come. You dont need alot of panties because they will give you the disposable net ones, any baby supplies such as diapers/wipes/etc the hospital has, inclucing formula if thats what you choose. unless oyu want a book to read or something, make it easy on yourself and just take you lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Diaper bag: Going home outfit, hat and a blanket depending on the weather

Your bag: rob, slippers, comfy clothes to wear home, insurance card, robe, makeup bag, shower items

Neccessities: Car seat, nursing pillow, camera, baby book (they can do the foot prints in his or her book), pillow, phone #'s
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2009