if u dont have a back yard

whats a normal amount of time for a 19mth to be outside doing phyiscal activity during the day?? i dont have a car nor a backyard.. but i do take my son to the park Everyday..Sometimes we twice but sometimes i feel one hour and half trip to park is not enough.. thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think that is a good amt. of time you are just more aware of it that is all. You are a good mom. Maybe do excercises inside like a workout later on b4 bed.
    Anonymous

• I think that's really up to you and the weather in your area. We live in FL and it gets really hot during the summer, so sometimes, we might only go out for a half hour a day if it's super hot. Now that we have a pool we get out there more, but the heat makes it hard to go out. I think an hour and a half is pretty good.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• we dont have much of a yard either, and i take my son to the park, not since april because its been so hot and he gets overheated easily, but as long as you take him to the park thats fine, a child shouldn't be kept indoors 24/7 but if the weather conditions are real hot or cold, its better to have them inside most of the time. besides, their kids! they can easily be distracted with toys or books
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• A 19 month old will find ways to be active, inside or outside all on their own. Going to the park that often is awesome, but dont get discouraged if you dont make it as much as you would like, no reason to feel guilty. You can keep him active doing indoor stuff too, tumbling, rolling around on the floor stuff like that. You are doing good momma!
    Anonymous