I am 33 weeks pregnant and today my feet are huge! i mean beyond huge! you can press your fingers into my feet and the indentation will stay there for a good minute. is this something i should worry about?

URGENT NEED ANSWER IMMEDIATELY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there is always need for concern but don't panic. Sit down and put your feet up and call the Hospitals Labor and Delivery nurse and ask what else you can do

Answer by admckenzie at 5:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• The last few weeks are normal to have swelling of the lower limbs, just prop them up to allow the fliud to return, put a pillow under your right hip if you lay flat on your back, this will prevent the weight of the baby from pressing on the vena cana and dropping your blood pressure too much, call you Dr and let them know, they might want to see you if it gets too bad.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• thats called pitting adema.. my friend had that. im not sure if theres much you can do other than make sure you get good blood flow and stay off your feet too much (kind of 2 opposites if you can pull both off haha) itll be over soon! good luck and maybe thats a good excuse for a foot massage from the man.. ;)
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 6:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I had to really watch my salt intake. If there was salt in something, I pretty much didn't eat or drink it. Taco Bell food is the worst, or at least, it was for me. My doctor told me to put the really good nylons/support hose on before I got out of bed. It helped with controlling the swelling in my legs and feet. On the days that I didn't wear them, my legs and feet really ached by the evening. I hope this helps. I had serious edema about the last month of my 1st 2 pregnancies. During my 3rd pregnancy, I watched what I ate and drank. (For me, that included pop.) My legs and feet didn't swell until the last 2 weeks before delivery.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 7:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i would call the doctor because one of my pregnant friends had her feet so swollen she had to get induced, she said the doctor told her it was high blood pressure, she was about 36 weeks preggo, and the doctor told her she had to get induced cause it could affect the baby. so just check to make sure cause swelling is normal during pregnancy but my doctor always tells me to look out for extreme swelling on my feet or ankles
    1Adriana3

Answer by 1Adriana3 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Make sure to call your doctor, just in case. This could also be a sign of pre-eclampsia, which can be very serious.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009