Do you make your children take a bath after coming out from the swimming pool?

If it was a public pool of course I do but we have a small inground pool I used to make them take a bath but it gets so tiring I sometimes let them just dry up and put some clothes on. I guess anything to make it easy for mommy. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It depends. If we're swimming in the evening, like between 5-9, and we're going in for the night anyway, then yes, they go ahead and take their bath. If it's afternoon, or morning, no I usually don't. Or I will if we're going somewhere, but only if they really smell like chlorine or needed to be all cleaned up and freshly bathed.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If theyre swimming in chlorine...yes..thats awful on skin..very harsh..and their hair...if its a simple wading pool, nope not really...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• dd's hair feels like straw afterwards so I make her bath aferwards. ds most of the time but he is a pain in the butt to bath so sometimes I let him slide.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• rinse off and put cond. in the hair at the min. right as they get out. Sometimes I'll put the cond. on b/f so their hair doesn't dry out so much esp. if theya re going in everyday.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Nope. My parents never made us either. We were clean enough if we spent all day in the pool (according to them). They take a bath if they've been out of the pool and running around before bed because then they are all sweaty and gross. But if all they've done all day is swim and watch TV then they don't take a bath.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Every time. Unfortunately, my kids both have really sensitive skin that's irritated by sunblock and chlorine...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 12:28 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• The public pool, yes.
    Our wading pool, it depends on how muddy she got running around the yard before, during, and after playing in the pool. Kids, dirt, and water = bath.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Not usually. Its really hard on the hair though. My dd is 11 and though I dont force them to bathe, I usually end up frustrated because her hair is matted, but if shes going to be in the pool everyday, theres no since in trying to get it clean. I m going to have to end up buying the stuff from the beauty supply store that eliminates the chlorine from her hair. Summer time is a time to be dirty. I let it go.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• chlorine is toxic; my daughter showers after being in the pool

Answer by rkoloms at 12:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2009