MTV's new show: 16 and pregnant

I really hope that this shows the struggles that a girl would have getting pregnant at such a young age. However, I know that it's also going to show that baby being born and the joy that the mother will have and any teenager seeing it will only remember that part, rather than anything else the show has to offer.
I guess I just have to wait and see what it's about.

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hopefully it shows the hardships of being a 16yr old mother and the choices she has to make. I am thinking that it won't glammorize teen pregnancy.
    simonsmomma

Answer by simonsmomma at 6:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I am hoping it shows that having a baby isn't like having a puppy. I also hope it shows that there are options like adoption. And I am not saying they all need to give their baby up for adoption, just that if it is to much for that mother, that there is other options.
    Anonymous

• MTV is pretty good about showing the blunt side of things..esp with true life..it doesnt sugar coat things..it looks sorta like a Season long true life episode..im hoping itll be pretty good!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• haaa gurls will get pregnant jus to get on the show.....tv shows and everythin on tv has so much to do with y kids r the way they r...its ridicual to have a show like tht its horrible they will show the love an joy but will they show the depression that can occur nop its stupid
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I think it will have some positive and negative impacts. My mom was 15 when she had me so I know the struggles that she went thru and how it affected me so I do hope that they dont make it seem glamourous in anyway because I did not live glamorously...also most of the previews show these ppl living with parents. My mom had me at 15 and lived on her own at 15 because her parents were unable to help and her mom is in a coma. so they're gonna show the easier path for sure...I think
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I'm afraid it will glamorize teen pregnancy. But that's JMO.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• So far it has only shown negative things so it'll help girls to see "wow I so don't want to get pregnant". I hope they don't show anything good happening so it makes girls realize sex isn't everything!!
    Anonymous

• Oh great, lets go get pregnant so I can be on MTV. Thats what they are going to see. Teens usually glamorize everything, even if they see the struggles too. They will likely think...well, it wont be like that for ME. I hope Im wrong...I really do.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• that is stupid now teens will get pregnant just to be on MTV
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• agreed mrs.owen
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2009