Has anyone ordered shoes online?

I have a 7N foot and cannot find one store in my area that sells narrow shoes! I have wondered about shopping online, but it seems like such a pain. How am I supposed to know what size fits? Shoes are like any other article of clothing - one size, in the same brand even, does not fit the same as the same size in a different shoe. So I am afraid of having to go back and forth to the post office to return and reorder, etc. Is it worth the trouble? And what online stores are best?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 6:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Shopping

• amazon.com
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 6:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Check out Zappos.com They have tons of shoes to choose from. When you find a shoe you like it will give you the opinions of other people who have bought the shoes. Along with that they'll tell you if they thought it was a true "7" or if it felt smaller or larger. They have free shipping both ways. It's really easy to return things. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Zappos.com is AMAZING!!! we have ordered probably a hundred times and they are great!!
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Zappos is good, and I like Shoebuy.com too. It can be a hassle if you don't know the exact size you wear in the particular brand you want, but most reputable sites have free shipping both ways (if you have to return) because they understand that if they didn't do that, they'd have a hard time convincing folks to order shoes online!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I am going to try Zappos- I'd never heard of it.
    To respond to your question, I ordered a couple pairs of shoes through Amazon.com. One pair was fine, but one pair smelled so heavily of mildew that I had to wrap it up and send it back. Yuck.

Answer by Bmat at 4:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Go to either Nordstrom or Online shoes.com. I am and extra narrow and have found them both to have plenty. Online shoes is always free shipping and free exchanges, best prices too.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Piperlime.com is a great site to buy shoes from. Free returns and exchanges too.
    Trajik003

Answer by Trajik003 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Here are some affordable shoe sites with free shipping & return , cash back rebate ,discount code,

http://dollarise.com/view/deals/store/shoebuy   large 8.5% cashback

http://dollarise.com/view/deals/store/planetshoes  7.5% cashback

savingjmom

Answer by savingjmom at 3:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• NORDSTROM.COM! And if they don't fit, returning them is free. GREAT selection of all sizes, and they have good sales and clearance too.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 7:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009