Why do some SAHM's w/ husbands that make a lot of money act like snobby b*tches?

Just curious...... I ran into a lady I used to work w/ a long time ago at a store. She was being really snobby (she always was) and was pretty much bragging that her husband makes over 100k a year, etc. Which, I think is VERY tacky for someone to brag about income who is supposedly upper class. And, when I did work w/ her, she was a single mom and used to have churches pay her rent. It just makes me laugh at some of those women that act like their better than others, when, if it wasn't for them sniffing out a rich guy to marry and get them knocked up, they would still be the same old person living paycheck to paycheck, or in her case, having mommy and daddy or churches pay her rent. (Not to offend anyone who needs church help, she was always a snobby b*tch and materialistic even when she had no money). So... I ask all gold diggers out there? Why the need to be snobby to others? You're not the one making the money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• You sound jealous, it's not very becoming.

Anonymous

• LoL i knew a woman like that...her daughter used to wear my old clothes..they were BROKE! and she was trailor trash (the mom) in the worst way..married a guy with money and now you cant tell her $#*t...its rediculous..i just quit bothering her....im a SAHM my SO doesnt make much at all..and i can be a snobby bitch..i know that about myself..not snobby because of money but more like.."you always thought i was shit..but look what i can do that you couldnt...ive made so much of myself out of soo little..."
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Not all SAHM's are like that, most I know aren't. Sounds like you're addressing your question to "gold-diggers"...I'm not even sure why you mentioned SAHM's in this. SAHM does not equal "gold-digger".
    Anonymous

• I am a SAHM, but I don't consider myself to be snobby b****.

My husband and I have been together for 21 yrs, since we were kids.

He makes good money and obviously feels that I deserve to be taken care of.
    I take good care of him, too, and he appreciates it.
    We are a team.
    Think good thoughts and good things will happen to you.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• OP here: No, not jealous at all, actually. I just can't stand snobby people. I don't care if I was a millionaire, I would treat people equally. I have many friends in many different "categories" of income, and all of them are awesome people. And the ones that have hubby's that make lots of dough aren't snobby and stuck up or think they are better. I think women that dig for the gold are stupid and I know quite a few and none of them would make even $10 an hour if they worked. There's nothing wrong with that necessarily, but for a woman to get up on a high horse and act like she is better than anyone else because of her gold-digging skills is just stupid and I'll laugh at a person like that when the day comes their husband leaves them for a younger hotter gold digger, and they have to go back to working as a waitress, making $10k a year.
    Anonymous

• And, if people take the time to read the headline and paragraph, it says "Why do SOME sahm's w/ husband's that make alot of money act like snobby b*tches?" I didn't say why do ALL sahm's act like it. READ something before replying! I am a sahm too, and my hubby doesn't make 100 k a year, but I also would never be snobby. So, yes, if you are not a gold-digger, you need not reply. And, I am not thinking "bad thoughts" I am just curious, because I know of a few sahm's with this sort of attitude, and am just very curious as to why they do. No big deal, just am actually amused. I feel maybe they have some issues as to why they need to treat others this way.
    Anonymous

• Heres the clue that shes not all she says.....Classy upper class women DO NOT divulge income information. They might have the appearance of money, but they dont talk numbers. Its tacky, rude and I believe NO ONE should ever talk about income even if they only make $20K a year. I might talk about the stores I like, where I shop, whatI drive, where I live, but I dont do it in a bragging way. I try to answer other peoples questions with honesty. I wont poor mouth either. If other people want to assume that we make good money, then fine, but you wont hear me talking numbers. Class comes from the inside. This woman is all talk and if she was really making or her husband was making that kind of money, then she would keep it quiet. I love everyone equally. Thats what makes me a high class person. Not my income. I do know income stats on my best friend, but thats different, we are best friends. We keep secrets for one another.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• speaking of gold diggers, did you ever see that episode of Dr Phil, where there were 2 or 3 ladies on there who were SELF proclaimed gold diggers. Then he had 3 other women there to set them straight and let them know they were making the female race look bad and were a disgrace. They would find pro foot ball players or business owners and get them to buy them stuff. They said it wasnt about sex, but no one believes them...LOL. It was pathetic.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I am sorry but I agree with a previous post, you do sound jealous.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't know but its not very nice.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2009