How do I help my almost 4 year old who is suddenly having daily accidents in her pants?

My daughter will be 4 years old in August. She has been potty trained since she turned 3 and only rarely had accidents. Now for the last few weeks she has been having accidents in her pants daily. Even if you tell her to go potty, she will go sit on the potty and then have an accident 10 min. later. It is getting very frustrating! today she has gone through 5 panties and 3 of them ended up in the trash because she pooped. I don't want to make her feel bad, but she doesn't seem to care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Times of stress can cause a child to regress, is something going on at school or home that is out of the norm, it can be anything like grandma over, new boyfriend, kids at school being mean to her, at this age it can be any number of things, but wetting is a sign something is not right...Now on the other hand she could be so involved in what she is doing, she doesnt want to take time out to go to the bathroom, if that is the case just keep telling her she is a big girl now and she needs to go to the bathroom when she needs to.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Has anything happened? midnightmoma said it best.
    Anonymous