HELP!!

My daughter who is 9 weeks old has been crying today when i feed her. She will take the first ounce ok but then she spits the nipple out and when i put it back in her mouth she will either cry or take one suck and spit it back out. This has only been going on today. I did change the nipple on her bottles about 2 weeks ago to a #2 flow. Any thoughts???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she pushing it out because she is not hungry? Do you think she she just wants to be held or burped etc...If it is none of those things, change the nipple back, she might not like the new ones.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• since she is 9 weeks 2mos she needs to b burped every once and if thts not the case may try sum mushy food lil????jus a taste tho not a hole lunch if not walk and feed her my son loves to b carried and feed he could look at the world with his mommy right next to him is wat i thot he was doin lol
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I've tried all of the things above and nothing works. She is hungry because she goes for the nipple but then spits it out and cries.
    Anonymous

• I think I would call her pediatrician hon. It could be thrush or even a sore throat. If she is pushing it out and crying in pain then call. But keep track of when she eats, maybe she is changing and isnt as hungry today?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I was going to suggest thrush as well. It looks like white patches in the mouth and/or on the tongue.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 7:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Can a bottle fed baby get thrush? Interesting! You learn something new every day :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yes bottle fed babies can get thrush, my cousins baby did pretty bad and he was bottle fed. Maybe she has some gas, my daughter kinda did that and I gave her some gas drops and see if that helps.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2009