What do you think of this statement?

Very little in any organized faith is truly original. Religions are not born from scratch They grow from one another. Modern religion is a collage....an assimilated historical record of man's quest to understand the divine.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 7:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That it's true!
    Anonymous

• I think that a lot in many religions is organized...lol actually I think one was very organized...

chritianity was decided in a 2 council meetings. Maybe whoever wrote that should look up the history of their religion.

Anonymous

• LOL!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 7:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• GIVE ME A BREAK!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 7:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• 2mothershelpers...could you at least add a little more insight into your opinion.  Is that too much to ask?

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-history/william-tyndale.html

HERE THIS SHOULD KEEP YOU BUSY FOR A WHILE! STILL LOL!!!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 7:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I will read that link but you seem to not realize that the statement is in regards to ALL religions...not just Christianity.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It makes perfect sense. Religion used to be fluid. Nobody cared what their neighbor did or who they worshiped, and nobody worried about damnation if they added another god or two to their repertoire. The idea that you must follow one thing and one thing only or face eternal torture is a pretty new one. Hopefully people move on from it soon.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I think that its easy to blend ideas and theologies. We aren't as different as some groups want to make us all out to be. Thats why I'm an Agnostic. I fully believe there is something to be learned and valuable about all religions.

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• John 14:6-He is the way.
    2 Peter 3:9- He is not willing that any should perish!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 7:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2009