Has anyone gotten pregnant using an IUD?? Please respond!! So confused!

Hi All. I am on the Copper IUD with no hormones. I have had it since my son who was born in April 2008 was 6 weeks old. I have not had any problems with this IUD at all. I get my period every 21 days, and was expecting it on the 2nd of this month. Since the 1st when I go to the bathroom there is no blood until I wipe. Nothing has hit the pad. I have some cramping but then it stops. I am so confused, like I said I am very regular. Has anyone here been using an IUD and gotten pregnant on this form of birth control? Please let me know if you have any information. If it turns out that I am pregnant, my husband and I will be fine, we just weren't planning for it. Please let me know when you get a chance! I am kind of freaking out!

IansMommy421

Asked by IansMommy421 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i got pregnant on Mirena...but i've never had a copper IUD but i know that it IS possible. i am 5 weeks pregnant now, the Mirena was removed and the baby is going to be fine. =) my husband and i definitely weren't expecting it either...like you i got it put in soon after my daughter was born. but ready or not, here comes another baby! i will be getting my tubes tied after this one.
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 8:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2009