mil question

Would u let your inlaws see your child if all they did was critize you, your marriage and try to control everything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well it would be a pain in the ass but yes. the inlaws still have a right to see the child and as long as they aren't mean to the child i would still do it. i would speak up though and tell her how you feel and that your marriage is none of her business.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i did. my in-laws are the bane of my existence. after my husband died last july they even went as far as to ignore their own grandkids for 4 months. it was me being the bigger pperson to take the kids to see them. now they are up our butts more than they were when he was alive.
    my kids have been hurt by their actions & are closer to my parents.
    don't worry kids pick up on things & can make good judgment calls as to how they will feel about their grandparents.
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 7:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It would be my husbands decision. My answer when the discussion heads where I wish it wouldn't is "I'm sorry, I don't care to discuss it." Then I segue into topics such as the weather or gardening and such. Good luck!

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 7:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• yes, unfortuntly I have to deal with a MIL from *&^ but I can look at the big picture and think someday my son might make wrong decisions. Have a family with someone that I cant get along with and that doesnt mean I dont want my grandchildren around. with every relationship its give and take and sometimes, even when right, we have to be the bigger person to give our children what they need and deserve. as said above, your kids will "see" everything once they get the right age. let them know you respect family no matter what
    Anonymous

• yes
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• They DON'T have a right to see the child. Like I've said before, being a grandparent is a PRIVILEGE. If my SO's mom (don't have a mil) wants to see my daughter, she can come to my house. I won't go to hers. If SO wants to take the baby over to see her, then he's welcome to, for a couple of hours here and there. If she starts to poison my child's mind, then she win't see my child again.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• oops won't**
    Fallaya