non vaxing mother's need info please.

i have a DD that is suppose to be starting school this year. me and DH have been talking about not getting any more vaccines for the kids anymore. but i'm not completely sure how to get them in school. i can't homeschool them, so that's not a opinion we can do. i was reading where i could use a letter stating it's againest our religious beliefs. but i'm having problems finding anything online. and i'm not good at writing any kind of letter like that. can anyone help me out please. oh i live in north carolina if that helps.

mommaseyes

Asked by mommaseyes at 7:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Go to the health department and tell them you need a form to fill out for non-vaxing, then you send it to the school.
    Anonymous

• Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If it's against a religion and/or you just don't want them vaccinated, then you should seek an alternative source to schooling, because I am an advocate that every child should be vaccinated before going into a public school, or any public facility for that matter. I would not want my child exposed to a nonvaccinated child EVER! You should keep them at home and home school.
    Anonymous

• there was a form in the packet i had to fill out when i enrolled my son. The school will probably have a form too. Also OT but i always wondered why parents who vax are afraid of kids who are not vaxed, isnt that why you vax, so they dont get those diseases?

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• So my child who almost died from his 6 month vaccines should not be allowed in school anon?

Check out the laws for your state and get an exemption. If they question why your children have some and you stopped you can say you changed your religious views if you go with a religious exemption.
    Anonymous

• anon :08 what are you so afraid of if you vax your kids? it seems t me the only ones in danger of getting all these diseases are the ones that dont vax and they seem to be the least afraid and informed, unlike yourself. Maybe you should keep your kid at home since you are so paranoid.
    Anonymous

• I vaccinate my little ones but my friend who is crazy doesn't and when you enroll your kids in school you can list them as exempt. I just hate the thought of my kids around other kids that aren't vaccinated. It scares me and I think parents need to do their research and be more infromed instead of blaming everything on shots. Do you all know that if we don't safe guard our kids all the diseases will come back.
    Anonymous

• There are ways to lower the risks of vaccines: one vax per office visit, no vaxes before age one, single dose preservative free vaccines. always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• rainmommy... yes i do put my faith in God. just because you don't have faith in God don't mean that i don't. also as for the measles your talking about my oldest two has already had them and they was fully vaccinated. so what you say about that. also i had all my child vaccines and i'm no longer as you would say "safe". also i don't believe in killing a unborn baby to save another life. do you know that the governement is createing viruses everyday and they don't have a cure for them. they are plsying with all our lives. do you also know that for some of them vaccines a good number of children die just so doctors can test them. and they are not tested on kids that are not in prefect health, but they give them the shots anyways. do you know they that some of them shots have animals in them.

i'm sorry but i asked for mother's that do not vax for information. if i wanted bashed i would have posted in a group!!!
    mommaseyes

Answer by mommaseyes at 10:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• ummm we don't vax against smallpox, and my DR helped me decide no more vaxxes due to damage to my kids from them. Guess what...herd immunity does not work, and the diseases are showing up more and more often because they are changing, and the vax isn't as effective. People worried about vaxxes that were made so you didn't have to miss work, and kids didn't miss school. My non vaxed are healthier than my vaxxed kid anyday. Never even had a cold.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2009