• In the Spotlight:

Do you currently or would you ever consider living a communal life?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It depends on the actual nitty-gritty arrangement of the community, and who else was involved. But yes, my sisters and several of my friends have long daydreamed about having a commune, with a good deal of privacy and independence coupled with certain shared values and voluntarily shared responsibilities to the greater whole. More libertarian than socialist, I guess you might say.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• No ma'am. I like my privacy too much.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i do not now but would certainly consider it. I think it makes perfect sense.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• No...I like my privacy and want to make my own decisions. A communal life means its all the same for all people...sort of a socialistic environment where you are part of a group and all share everything.
    Anonymous

• YES I WOULD LOVE TO I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO OR DO TO START.

Anonymous

• I would love to. I truly believe it takes a whole village to raise a child and I think our society lacks that mentality. I am always trying to talk hubby into letting friends come live with us. We have this big old house and only 3 people living here. seems wasteful. He's not a fan of communal living though. He likes his privacy. Odd considerring that we lived for YEARS as roommates in a communal setting. I would never be part of a large communal though.... I envision more of an extended family of friends living together.... Maybe someday...
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 8:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Have seriously considered it, but haven't found one we feel we fit with yet and aren't sure what our families would think of it. We came pretty close for a while sharing our large house with another family, but they had one floor and we had the other and both had our own bathrooms we just shared the kitchen and entrance.
    Anonymous

• No, because I dont understand it. ---I dont know what it is.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 9:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Oh hell no.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• With family, yes, with strangers no, I am currently lving with my husband, son, lil sister and her fiance.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2009