I need suggestions

I really need some alone time. I don't really ever get ANY time to myself unless baby is sleeping, and DH is away, and then I'm cleaning or doing something I don't want to be doing...
I decided I need a hobby, but i don't want to spend money on it, unless I get money back.. I want to be away from my DD and DH for a couple hours a week. I was thinking about it, and even the woman who went crazy and drowned her 5 kids got something like 3 hours a week to herself. I don't get any time, and I need it. I don't get babysitters yet, and I likely won't for a while.... DH says I can have time whenever I need it, but I cannot find anything good to do! what would you do?
BTW, I'm pregnant, I don't drink, I only have one friend that doesn't come around much because she had a miscarriage and it hurts her to see my baby and belly.
I am also pretty anti-mainstream, and don't like to be in groups with people I don't know.

Destiny13

Asked by Destiny13 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Health

• take a class.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• What about something like scrapbooking or sewing?

I agree that taking a class would be good. I have some friends who take an art class once a week.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I would buy this scrapbook paper cutter called'cricket' look up www.cricket .com I don't know the web site maybe that will work but you can make a whole bunch of neat things from your own greeting cards to designing your scrapbook,it's so easy anyone can do it with or without artistic ability.That thing would keep you occupied for hours.I don't have money so my hobbies are simply window shopping and walking around stores.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Actually look up 'cricut craft cutting machine
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• One of my favorite hobbies is reading, and books from the library are free. I also do cake decorating and that brings in a little cash. Check with your local school to see if they offer any enrichment classes that are available to the community for free or a small fee (that's how I learned cake decorating and I know they offered quilting classes too). Learning to paint, quilt, crochet, sew or knit can be very satisfying, and if you use your skills to make gifts for birthdays or Christmas then you won't necessarily be wasting money.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• read books, write a journal or poetry, take a walk and enjoy nature, volinter at a spca or local shelter, ride horses for fun, go swimming, arts and crafts
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• You need to get out and meet people; take you child to the park. What saved me from losing my mind was having neighbors I could trade child care with.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 AM on Jun. 7, 2009