for those of you who's babies were picky about which nipples they had to have...

how do you get them used to the normal sippys? my dd HATES the brown rubber nipples on the bottle. she only likes the clear ones. that was no big deal, but now putting her on the sippy is hard...she acts like it's the plague or something. i've tried the hard cups with the "soft" spout, but she doesn't like that. i guess i could go to the clear rubber topped sippy's, the ones that look like the bottle, but how do you get them used to the hard topped ones? i got tons of hard topped ones from my son and i don't want to have to buy new sippys. why are girls so picky?? lol

oh, she's 10 months, i just put it in this section probly cuz i'd get more responses than 0-12 who probly hasn't been there yet...thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried a straw cup? My DD did ok with the nubby cups but she loves the straws...she is 17 months now and she will only use the Munchkin brand cups with the skinny straw. I have only seen them at Target and Walmart ;) good luck!
    SteelersMommy03

Answer by SteelersMommy03 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yes, try a straw cup. At 10 months you still have a bit to go before you need to stransition to a cup. If the straw doesn't work, I would wait 2 weeks, try again, wait 2 weeks, try again, etc.

Good luck.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• do you mean the ones that actually have the straw, or the ones that look like it has one...the top is in the shape of a straw?
    Anonymous

• My 11 month old uses the sippy straw, soft spout sippy's, and the regular sippy's (the ones that are not non leak, just helps them learn how to drink from a regular cup). I only put orange juice in the regular one because I don't want to clog the soft spout sippy's. I guess he is not really picky, since food and drinks are his favorite things in the world, but I figured I could help by letting you know that 10 months isn't too young to start the regular sippy and that you should try the soft spout sippys too.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2009