Should u drink alcohol?

I am just curious on everyones opinions and vices but ive heard alot on here where other moms feel you shouldnt drink if you have children. so whats ur opinion? do u drinnk if u have kids and do u hide it or jus not drink at all

alaskaarmywife

Asked by alaskaarmywife at 8:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I don't see anything wrong with drinking alcohol if you have kids. Now if you are drinking it to get drunk, than yes I think that is wrong. If you are a parent you should be responsible enough to know how much alcohol you can handle and not put youself in a position that would be a bad example for your kids.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with drinking alcohol when you have kids. I think that if you're drinking with the kids in the house, you shouldn't drink more than one or two drinks just in case something happens. There's nothing wrong with alcohol. It's when people abuse it is the problem.
    Anonymous

• i myself dont drink in front of my kids but thats me.... my dd always saw her uncle drinking ( he lived w/ us ) and when she was 2 yrs we went to the store and she pointed to the beer and said uncle.... pointed to coffee...daddy and soda for me so i dont drink in front of my kids when i have them they think i dont drink and when they asked ( there older now ) i said yes i have a drink in a blue moon but thats it. and when the kids are with there other parents ( there bm or my dd's dad ) they do say ohh so and so were drunk and acting stupid. ( me and dh have said something to the adults ) but i just feel uncomfortable doing in in front of them but thats me....
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't drink a drop if there's no one else to watch the kids. God forbid something ever happens.

Anonymous

• I personally don't drink. I just never have, not against or anything, just don't like it. However my husband has a beer or two or sometimes more before I yell at him b/c I don't want to drive... ;)
    My family all drink beer and wine on a regular basis. It's never been an issue. The way I look at it is that if we hide it from our children then it's a 'forbidden' thing. If we tell them they can have it when they are old enough, then it's a 'right of passage' thing. I never really tried to drink before I was 21, I credit it to my parents never hiding it from me. I was always offered a glass of wine at special occasions I just didn't like it. I plan on doing the same thing with my girls.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 9:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I think as long as you're not drinking to the point of blacking out, it's ok. SO's buddy came by last nigth and we drank beer, but our son was asleep and we were in the safety of our home. and we dont do that very often. I'll have maybe one or 2 beers at night once my son is asleep. it's all about responsibility!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• An occasional glass of wine or beer, even a mixed drink in front of the kids is not going to hurt them. Alcohol, unlike tobacco or other drugs can be used safely.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:00 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• As a rule, we will have one beer or glass of wine, or soda with dinner if we are at a restaurant or someone's home. We don't drink any of those on a regular basis at home.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:00 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Alcohol is fine in moderation.  We drink occasionally in front of our kids and now that they are older we allow them to have a glass of wine with dinner on special occasions.  It teaches them responsible drinking.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Alcohol is for anyone 21 and up. Not for people 21 and up w/o children.

Just don't get wasted & know that there are children around that you need to take care of.
    Anonymous