my baby stop breathing

my baby had stop breathing 5 times for 30 sc and i went to the hospital and they told me it waz normal and i fell its not plz help me i dont want nothing to happen to my baby she's all i have

alvinysusana09

Asked by alvinysusana09 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you may want to talk to your doctor and request that she be tested for sleep apnea. Many babies are born with that and I would assume that it is scary for you
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Um what? They told you it was normal for your baby to stop breathing? That is NOT normal! Especially if it is as long as 30 seconds! Take her to a different hospital!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• one thing that helped my dd keep breathing becuase they said they do forget to breath... is blowing in her face... i freaked out once or twice and my hubby blew in her face and she was fine! she loved it later and still thinks it's the funniest thing... i thought it was mean, but it worked!
    Anonymous

• the doctor said the same and i have asthma i dont no if its that but yes im very scare she my first baby and i dont no want to do bcuz the next hospital is hour and a half away and i dont no if they r gonna tell me the same
    alvinysusana09

Answer by alvinysusana09 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• UGH yeah I agree...Take her to a different hospital!! Good luck!!
    SteelersMommy03

Answer by SteelersMommy03 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• YA take her to a different hospital that is not normal at all and you have every right to get an answer.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• she does it when she is sleeping
    alvinysusana09

Answer by alvinysusana09 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• sleep apnea is when you stop breathing when you sleep.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If it is happening when she sleeps, then it is sleep apnea. I would recommend going to another hospital, or even better, call your pedi ASAP. Most pediatricians have an answering service for when they are not there--have him call you ASAP to let you know what to do next.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• That's not normal, anything over 10 seconds needs to be checked into. Contact your pedi and if they don't help seek another DR.

Anonymous