Raising a 17 yr old, a 4 yr old anda 3 yrd old?

I have my cousin who is 17 and my own two kids who are 4 and 3 years of age. I need advice of all kinds. From raising a teen to helping them all get a long. Please help!

tiffygirl

Asked by tiffygirl at 2:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Be honest with your teen....NO matter what even if the truth hurts never lie they will never forget it dont sugar coat anything.....if the dont hear it stright from you they might get it sideways from someone else
    nikkimomod

Answer by nikkimomod at 2:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• ooh! that's a tought one.....first of all I'm not sure why your cousin is with you, but one thing for sure is that your cousin is 17 years old, almost a young adult....You need to let your 17 year old know that he/she can count on you and that you will be there for advice, help and to listen...in return I think that the 17 year old should try and be mature enough to understand that you have 2 little ones that need your constant care....maybe if he/she helps you with the little ones, you may develop a trust between the two of you and at the same time have the little ones get used to he/she as well. Good Luck.
    Laura4Luvs

Answer by Laura4Luvs at 12:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• spank spank spank
    natbug6697

Answer by natbug6697 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2008