• In the Spotlight:

Juicy juice for babies?!?!

Please tell me that I'm missing something. My brother and his wife gives their 3 month old baby juicy juice diluted with water!! And my mom gave the baby juicy juice as well...first of all I didn't give my son juice until 6 months old and he drank Gerber juice only until he was about 2 years. Has anyone heard about giving a baby juicy juice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no ive heard of giving kids juicy juice not a baby. Thats weird...It has so much sugar in it
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Babies DO NOT need juice. Ever. It's merely sugar water....even if its pure juice.

Juice is one of the worst things for your teeth and has been connected to diabetes. Keep it to a miminum for yourself, and don't even bother with it for baby.

Your nephew/niece will get shortchanged if baby is filling up on juice rather than breastmilk or formula...calories with few vitamins except C, versus liquids with EVERYTHING a baby needs.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• no the baby should be given only breast milk or formula at that stage in time
    alvinysusana09

Answer by alvinysusana09 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Juicy juice is just as safe as gerber juice its 100% juice with no added sugar Gerber just wants to charge more...as far as using it for a 3 months old...yeah bad idea, no juice til atleast 6 months and its no needed ever...no more than 4 oz total a day after 6 months
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• At 3mos. he should only have breastmilk and/or formula. It's true that babies do not need juice at all. However, there is honestly NO difference between Juicy Juice (its 100% juice) diluted with water and Gerber baby juice. There is nothing "special" about Gerber's juice, its just juice the same as any other regular juice.

sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• No,they don't need juice at that age.
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 9:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2009