getting back in the grove of going to church(for those that go to service weekly)

I missed a few Sundays because I was on vacation. It seems hard to get back in the groove of going to church. I like going to church because I enjoy praising God with others who believe like I do, but I also enjoy looking out over the mountains and giving glory in front of his creation.
My question: How do you get back in the groove of routine of going to Sunday service when you miss a few.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To quote Nike "Just DO it!" LOL, no seriously, I just get up and go. Sundays for us are relaxing family days anyway, so anything I want to do as far as personal praise etc. I can do any time after Church.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• yep you just do it!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I think you just have to do it. If you normally attend Sunday School and haven't been in a while you might contact the teacher and see what is happening. Sometimes churches have an early and a later service and we will go to the late survice for a week or two to get back into going. Then go back to early church and sunday school
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• You know what might help is to get everything ready the night before, so it doesn't seem like you have to do so much in the morning. Sometimes I feel so rushed that I feel like just saying "Forget it! I'll go next week." I just would rather have another cup of coffee and relax.

But yeah, get the kids bathed and ready the night before. Lay out their clothes, socks, shoes, jackets, Bibles. Pick out, try on (make sure they don't feel too tight), and iron your own clothes. Set out something easy for breakfast.

This way, the morning will go easy and it won't be stressful and frustrating to get out the door on time. Go to bed early so you aren't too pooped.

I think that the enemy will use any dumb thing to keep us from going, because it is so good for us to be there. I can't tell you how many times we have all been ready to go when my dd will spill punch on her clothes and I can't find anything else for her to wear! : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• honestly we shouldnt be out of the groove of praising and worshipping God no matter where we are, church or vacation. I never need to get into the groove because I spend time with him during the week.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• back in the groove of going to church, not praising him :/
    Anonymous

• Just go, God will take over from there!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I went
    Anonymous