Teen Pregnancy--What do I say??

Im pregnant and my friend decided that she wants to have a baby. What do I say to her?? Im not the best person to help I dont want to bring her parents into it But I most definately dont want her to make the same mistake I madde. What should I say do??

11.25.09

Asked by 11.25.09 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• just explain how hard its fr u. I dont think any teen tries and has a baby and when they do it usually ends badly like no father, no help etc
    Anonymous

• There's only so much you can do. Just be honest with her and tell her why you think it's a bad idea and share with her anything you are going through so she can see the reality of it. Good luck to you.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• She'd have more fun exploring life without excessive baggage of a baby, and that the world's her oyster until she starts having children.

Best of luck for you - Stay true to yourself and your baby by staying in school. Get your career. :-)
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 9:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Honestly, tell her to wait until after you have yours. Then invite her along to be there for the labor and delivery. If that doesn't change her mind, then offer to have her babysit on a Fri or Sat night when she is most likely going to want to be going out with friends. Or too, tell her to ask her parents what they would think. She may as well let them know now that it's going to happen (if it's what she really wants) They are going to flip out either way. Tell her to discuss it with the future Grandparents.
    neonds13

Answer by neonds13 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Why are YOU pregnant? You are only 14 years old, what the hell were you thinking?
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:01 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• She was probably thinking sex was fun...you know....like you do.
    Tell her truthfully and honestly. Life with a baby is permanent. Never again will you not be someones mother. It can be a great thing if you are ready for it. If not it is terribly hindering. I had my first at 20, and I recommend people waiting until about 25, and a few good trips away enjoying life. Good luck. If you need a friend let me know. I won't judge, and maybe you will encounter something I have.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• tell her the truth. If you regret having sex at such a young age.. if you regret getting pregnant.. let her know the reasons you feel the way you do.. the people it will affect, and then just hope she's smart enough to listen to you!
    BTW- I'd love to have you join our group, Big Sisters.. we're especially around for helping teen moms! www.cafemom/groups/bigsisters
    good luck!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• * staceynoel: What purpose does your comment serve? That wasn't in anyway helpful, what's done is done. She specifically stated in her question that she made a mistake...what good is going to come from getting on your high horse and trying to make her feel even worse about it like that? She's trying to be responsible and help out her friend and stop her from a similar fate, I say kudos to her for acting like a grown up and trying to take care of her own and her friend like that!
    Anonymous

• If you know any one teen or adult with a baby have your friend talk to her about how hard it is to care for an infant/child. If you know any teens with babies that would be better, I used to work with teen moms and when ever they heard about a girl trying to get pregnant they immediatly talked to her about how hard it is to have a baby and finish school.
    However good luck to you stick to your dreams and it CAN be done.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Well, If She's Dead Set On It, You really Can't Do Anything About It .
    I'm Only Fourteen And Made The Decision To Keep My Baby ... It Was Hard, But I'm Doing it !
    MissesK

Answer by MissesK at 7:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2009