Bad cramps...normal?

I am 6 weeks and 5 days prego. I have been having bad cramps at the bottom of my belly. My first vist to the doctor isn't till the 11th. Is it normal to cramp this bad? this is my first so i am completely lost here. HELP!

Mommi2B18

Asked by Mommi2B18 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is normal to have some cramping, that early, but if the pain gets unbarrable, or you start bleeding then it can be a problem, and you should call you Dr. good luck hun, and congrats on your pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• Severe cramps are not normal and should be evaluated by a doctor ASAP to rule out the possibility of miscarriage. Especially if they are coming in waves (meaning they could be mild contractions) or if they are accompanied by bleeding. Anything worse than a mild to moderate menstrual cramp should be taken seriously. It doesn't always mean something bad, so try not to worry. Some women have them and are fine, as well as some women miscarry with no pain at all. Take a deep breath. Visit your doctor or A doctor asap. It may be too early to detect a heartbeat via ultrasound (though it may not be...) so they may do a hormone test now and another in a couple of days to see if your hormones are still increasing; meaning the pregnancy is continuing. Good luck hun! I know how it feels to worry!!!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2009