would you be pissed if SIL didnt make her kids wash their hands before handling your baby

and they ended up getting cheeto cheese alll over her outfit and body?

it irritates the crap out of me. i always tell them to wash their hands but then when im not around, and she has the baby, she never makes them wash their hands and i always get her back sticky and smelly and with food all over her.. she isnt even 4 months yet

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would be pissed! I would sit and talk to her and tell her that her kids need to wash their hands before they even touch her, or they can't touch her at all.
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yeah I'd be pissed too. Definitely talk to her about this, and limit time with the baby alone if she refuses to comply.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It would upset me if I asked them to. But I am very laid back, and usually forgot to ask people! If I saw messy hands though, I wouldn't be asking, I would be telling!!! Maybe you could send a clean outfit with her and ask that she be changed before you get her. Tell her it is in the diaper bag in case her kids forget to wash their hands and get your daughter all dirty!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Oh HELL ya! I would talk to her and if she dosent make them wash their hands then let her know they will not be seeing her anymore!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Easy solution here: Don't let her babysit.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Honestly, I don't think it would even occur to me to ask someone to wash their hands before handling my baby.
    Anonymous

• I would just tell her straight out, EVERYONE needs to wash their hands before toughing the baby! No, ifs, ands or buts about it!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If I have learned nothing with 7 kids it's that short of the kids having a bad cold or flu, I just don't care, it's clothes, it can be washed and so can the baby for that matter. BUT it took me 7 kids to get there :). With my first two I was neurotic (sp?) about cleanliness, but I also learned is that they were also my sickest kids especially when they started school, coincidence...maybe.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Once he was past the newborn stage I never made a big deal out of people washing hands before they touched my son. If the worst that happens is she gets dirty it's no big deal right? There are way worse things out there than dirty hands, like light sockets and kidnappers!
    JerbysMom

Answer by JerbysMom at 10:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yes I would be pissed! Not only because they are getting food all over her, but because WHO KNOWS what they've been touching all day long. Picking their noses, their butts, hands in their mouth, all over toys that other kids have touched, etc. My son isn't born yet but I already have a hand washing policy in place. Either you wash your hands before you hold him/touch him, or you don't at all. Plain and simple. And I don't think its too much to ask either!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2009