• In the Spotlight:

I am not okay

I am seriously on the verge of tears. I am 5'2 and weigh 158. I feel like I am helpless, I try dieting and fail after the first day. I cannot stick to anything. I used to be anorexic, how is this possible? Why can't I control myself. I feel fat and ugly. My husband even isn't attracted to me. I look in the mirror 24-7 and all I see is a pretty girl stuck in a fat ass body. I HATE MYSELF.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• This is very bad. There are some people on here who have given me excellent advice on dieting. Here are some things that I found work for me: First of all, to achieve rapid results, but realize this is a temporary, rapid solution, that you will have to work on in the mean time, try Slimfast. I say this because, it is a great way to get rid of the water weight and help you see some fast results. However, what I like about it, is it allows you to sit back on look at what you are have been eating and how bad it is. Meaning, with the one mean you get to eat per day, eat something good for you. Eat veges, and lean meat. Also, with the Slimfast diet, you can have snacks in between.

Finally, if you are able to stick it out for a couple of weeks, when you decide to go off, hopefully you will have learned a healthy alternative to eating that will help you maintain the weight.

Also, walk and lift some weights for your arms.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• fitness magazine has great tips
    use raw honey alot instead of suger and use it to cook too- Hibernation Diet book
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• This isn't so much about dieting as it is about loving who you are. Sure, we can hate our extra pounds, but the fact that you used to be anorexic speaks volumes about whether or not you love yourself. Try not to focus on your LOOKS so much as the YOU that is INSIDE. You can control both, but you need to start with the inside. Find something, just one thing, about you that is good and doesn't depend on how you look. Then find another thing. And another.

I know many pretty women that are overweight. They have pleasant personalities, they take care of their hair and makeup and always seem to have a smile on their faces. Do you do your hair, makeup and nails every day? I know that those things help me to feel better about how I look whether I'm skinny or not.

Once you've found the beautiful woman that is inside you then you can start working on the physical. If you feel good about yourself it's easier to stick to a diet plan
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• If you want to loose weight, your going to have to hit the road or the gym. There is no easier way to do it. Trust me i was in the same situation you are in and i finally got fed up of putting myself down and went for it. No pain, No gain. It wont be easy, but nothing in life is right? You just have to find it inside you to change you if that is really what you want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I am the same height and I couldn't lose my baby weight for forever. First of all cut out fast food from your diet completely and try not to eat fried food. Also (and I know this one is hard) try to give up as much sugar as possible. Drink water and lots of it, and 2mothershelpers is right raw honey is the way to go if you want to sweeten things. Add in some more protein to your diet. I lost 40 pounds and was back down to 125 in five months just doing those things.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Hi there i wish i could give you an easy fix but there really isn't any . Try keeping a food log go here to set up a free profile to keep track of everything u eat and your workouts. FREE PROFILE i AM VERY BAD AT STAYING ON A "DIET"TOO BUT SINCE I USED THIS WEBSITE IT MADE IT ALOT EASIER I HAVE LOST 6 LBS. NOW AND HOPE TO KEEP LOSING

florezitta10

Answer by florezitta10 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• alSO water IS  a natural diuretic. It helps supress hunger, keep you hydrated there for your skin wont be hanging off of you after you lose the weight and it helps to avoid water weight.

florezitta10

Answer by florezitta10 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• wow, I feel like Miss Piggy if you think you are fat. I would love to be 158 and we're the same height. Just change your eating habits. Smaller portions, eat more often, eat more fresh fruit and steamed veggies. Give up refined sugar and white stuff like bread and rice. Eat breakfast to jump start your metabolism. Cut out soft drinks. Drink LOTS of water and green tea. You'll be back to being anorexic before you know it!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• First, off if your husband is not interested, it is his problem not yours. You should not feel like you need to please him by staying a certain size. Throw away your scale, don't measure yourself by the number it reads. I at one time weighted 93lbs and I am 6ft tall. I am now at a healthy weight and feel great. I don't own a scale. I started eating better. I cut down on sugar, eat more veggies, fruits, and control the amount of fats I eat. I walk about 15mins a day and do cardio with weights for about 30 mins a day. If you want to lose weight do it for you not to please anyone eles. Don't diet it will never work. Maintaining a healthy weight is a life style not a diet. Be healthy and YOU ARE WORTH MORE than the number on the scale.
    Amazommy

Answer by Amazommy at 7:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2009