my 19month old keeps is a bitter and i dont know what to do before......

i am 6 months pregnant with my second baby and the first child wont stop bitting im scared she is going to bite the new baby and really hurt her any advice

sariahsmommy1

Asked by sariahsmommy1 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my kids bit me I would flick them on the cheek. With my first it only took a couple of times-once as a baby nursing, and once or twice when he was getting his 2 year molars. My second born took a lot more, but neither of them have been biters.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Bite her back, firmly, not viciously. She'll learn it hurts, and she won't do it anymore.
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 10:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• "Parenting experts" say you're just supposed to say NO loudly and firmly. Whatever. I say bite her back, not hard enough to cause damage but hard enough to hurt. My son never did bite, but when I did it my mom bit me and it worked.
    JerbysMom

Answer by JerbysMom at 10:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? BITE HER BACK? There you go teach her it's not okay to bite by biting her? Use time outs, tell her firmly in a loud stern voice NO then put her in time out. It always amazes me how many people think that to teach a child NOT to do something you should do it back to them...come on how does this make sense?
    Anonymous

• I agree with annon
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Biting her back is a very last resort that sometimes - OMG, works!
    irishcoffee

Answer by irishcoffee at 6:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Absolutely, worked every time for me - 4 kids, 1 bite each - problem solved. It always amazes me how many will use 'anonymous' when they argue...
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 9:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Also, ANONYMOUS = SPINELESS TWIT. Just sayin'...
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 10:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I'm the spineless twit yet you are the one that resorts to biting her own children to keep them under control. Let me be the first to congratulate you Mom of the year.
    Anonymous

• Why thank you, twit!
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 4:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2009