So when did you ladies start decorating the nursery?

Putting up the crib, buying furniture, etc....? Before or after your baby shower?

finallyamom40

Asked by finallyamom40 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Five months after he was born. He really didn't need his own room until then. We didn't use a crib until he was 6 months.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 10:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• oh my i started as soon as i new what i was having. and up until the day i had her i was changing and rearranging the entire room! but i loved every minute of it! sure wish i could have a nother one to do that to. maybe some day.

rose549

Answer by rose549 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My sis' and mom painted the nursery in April b/c that's when they had time and that gave plenty of time for the fumes to air out. Then shortly after that we put the crib and everything up and just got it done and over with that way it was done and with not knowing how I would feel later in pregnancy it was nice to just have it done before the big belly was in the way. I was due in August. I washed all the clothes in the Dreft so that if she was allergic to something then I knew everything was washed in the same detergent and nice and fresh. I did wait til about a month before my due date to wash everything and make the crib. Also, put the crib together in the baby's room in case it doesn't fit through the doorway, I had a friend who did not and it was about 1/2 inch too big for the doorway!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Oh, and we didn't know what we were having so I had the shower after she was born, even if we had know though I would have had it after b/c everyone always wants to see the baby and I think it's a bad omen to have the shower before the baby comes, in the rare case that something would happen to the baby you have all that stuff to look at and wonder what to do with it!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I was due march 6th and started decorating in early January. Before my shower.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• lol, I'm part mongolian and my mom was adement(sp?) about us not buying ANYTHING until after the baby was born, but my dad and step mom came and set up ds' crib changing table and dresser ( inherited from my cousin) the day before he was born. Then while I was in the hospital my step mom, mom, and mil all came and decorated and put things together for us.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• slynnb: so it''s a bad omen to have a baby shower before the baby comes just in case you lose the baby? And then you have to look at the baby stuff? So why then is it okay for you to put the baby's room together before the baby comes? That is still baby related, right? Painting, washing the clothes, making the crib up, etc. All that was fine for you, but a baby shower is a no-no, huh? Doesn't quite make sense!

We put our baby's room together about 1-2 weeks before he was born. I only waited that long because we were moving right before my due date.
    Anonymous

• I started after my baby shower when I was 71/2 months. My Husband painted one pink wall in her room and we had someone come in and paint Ava on the wall with butterflies and flowers. Everything was up and ready and I would sit in there on her glider when I couldn't sleep and pray night after night that she was healthy.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2009