What is the strangest thing you believe in?

You can answer anon if you like. But what is the most off the wall belief you have? It can be something that is part of your religion that you believe, but can't believe you believe. Or it can be something else like Big-Foot, Nessy, trolls. Or even something superstitious (black cat, wish bones, dead scorpion trinkets).

This is just for fun.

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 10:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to save even the vilest offender! I believe that Jesus Christ ran the same race as all who believe on Him must, died, rose the third day, gave instructions to the first leaders of the church, and was taken back up into Heaven and now sits down at the right hand of the Father. I believe that the Bible is the infallible Word of God, and that it's truths are relevant to this day. I believe that one day the clouds will be rolled back as a scroll and that the Son of Man will be seen in great glory by every eye of every person who has ever lived.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I believe that Adam lived 930 years!
    I believe Jonah lived inside a whale 3 days!
    I believe God really flooded the earth and Noah really put 2 of every animal on the ark!
    I believe that Jesus really rose from the dead!
    I actually believe that the rapture is happening, possibly any moment!

I also believe that butter is healthy and margerine is toxic!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I believe there is a weird sea creature in Lake Havasu. I am not saying Lock Ness big, but something weird.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Hmmm....I don't believe in anything like what you mentioned, because I'm insanely skeptical about everything :) I don't believe in anything that doesn't have tangible evidence. I suppose that's weird compared to most people though, right?
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• That I'm actually right and the rest of you are wrong. Why else would I invest so much time into mere belief in something that I can not prove on an concrete level but that I feel in my gut as true beyond all proof? The only thing that I really know is that I don't know but I have some wickedly convincing ideas.

Ah, the irony of paradox.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• That the sky is blue...
    Anonymous

• I believe that animals can talk, but they only do it when we are not around. I have heard them. My persian cat actually speaks farsi.
    Anonymous

• I always hold my arms up, hold my breath and make a wish in EVERY tunnel I go through. lol. No matter what mood I'm in. If my DH and I are fighting and there is a tunnel I will stop talking and hole my breath and put my arms up. lol. If you didn't already know its a superstitious thing. You hold your breath over bridges (or in my case tunnel bridges) in case you fall in. and hold your hands up if the tunnel fell your ready to lift it. Silly. It wouldn't save me. But I always did it as a child as a road game. Now I can't stop doing it lol.

LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't walk under ladders...LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I believe it really is bad luck to say the name of The Scottish Play while on a theater set. I lean towards self-fulfilling prophecy, but I still say it's bad luck.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2009