Carseat question!!!

When can you put an infant front facing?

stephanie1104

Asked by stephanie1104 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1 year AND 20lbs.
    Anonymous

• Right now, you can legally turn your baby to front facing at 1 yr old. The recommendations are now changing to 2 yrs old, though. I recommend that you delay as long as possible. Your LO is safer in a rear facing position.
    Juniper53098

Answer by Juniper53098 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My fiance and I fight about this allllllll the time. My daughter is 11 months and 24 pounds and I am flat out SCARED to put her forward facing. Let it ride out as long as you can. They're a lot less likely to go flying through the back window as they are going forward into the windsheild..
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 11:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i waited intill my dd legs were bing smooshed against the seat. i think she was like 14months and weight20 lbs
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• The law requires that a child be 1 year and 20 lbs (not all states have the law that says that but they all have a proper usage claus which means you have to follow what is stated on the seat, which is 1 and 20)
    BUT the american acadamy of pediatrics says you should keep your child rear facing to the MINIMUM of 2 years or until the outgrow their convertible seats, which is between 33-35 lbs, depending on the seat
    Some parents on here will say they turned their child forward before then and it's just fine... but they choose NOT to do what is safest for their child puting their own selfish needs before those of their child.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Seriously, how do people STILL not know the answer to this???
    Anonymous

• An INFANT can NEVER go forward facing. The minimum requirements are 1 year old and 20 lbs, though you can and should keep your child rear facing longer. Up to 35 lbs.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2009