a little worried

now i know all babys do things at there own time and pace but my DS is 9 months old nd doesnt crawl or even attempt to. I have tried to show him and help him but he just screams and rolls over. He try's to pull himself up on thing but only get up to his knees, im just worried... is it possible to just skip crawling all together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies skip crawling. Others walk 1st and then go back and crawl. Since your baby is trying to stand etc, I wouldn't worry. I would only be concerned if your dr has mentioned a concern about low muscle tone. But, if that were the case, he likely wouldn't pull himself up on things either.
    Juniper53098

Answer by Juniper53098 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My daughter just started crawling on Mother's day. One day before she was officially 10 months. My bestfriend's son never crawed and started walking at 9 1/2 months. My neighbors son didn't crawl until 11 1/2 months and almost immediately started walking after that. It reeeeaaally varies.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 10:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Lots of babies skip crawling.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Crawling is actually not a milestone in a childs life, and only 1/3 of all babies crawl before walking so don't stress out about it, especially if he is starting to pull himself up on things, enjoy these times of minimal mobility, cuz when they are over you won't be able to go anywhere around the house without a baby at your feet!!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• yes or just be late. My friends baby skipped crawling and rolled instead and was like a year old.
    little_pixies

Answer by little_pixies at 11:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I skipped crawling. You never know he may crawl for a week and then all of a sudden pull up and let go and walk across the room. I knew a little lady who was perfectly content to sit on her bottom till she was 14 months old when she just decided to get up and walk.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• crawling is not even really a milestone because some babys skip right over it and go into pulling up and crusing! Dont worry I never crwaled as a baby and didnt take a step till i was about 16 months old and i am prefectly normal! lol
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2009