My daughter was completely potty trained for the past 6 months and now all of a sudden she is having accidents. I am totally confused. I have 5 kids and have never had this problem. I don't know what to do? Is this common?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you may want to get her checked out if the issue does not resolve itself quickly. i started having accidents after i was PT, turns out my bladder was not growing with my body. i had to have surgery to expand my bladder every 3 years until i was 18. it's fairly uncommon, but it does happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I am having this problem with my son right now. He was completly PT and now has 3-4 accidents a day! I'm waiting to see a speacialist about his. If you find a solution let me know.
    froggie1008

Answer by froggie1008 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• she might have something wrong like a bladder infection or a uti...that happened to me when i was little...but i also had other issues going on to.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• She also may have had a tragic event happen to her. Something that scared her and now she is having accidents. My counsins oldest did this and horribly her daughter had been molested. She was too afraid to say anything and her fear over came her and she started having accidents.
    Anonymous

• My girl did the exact same thing at over 4 1/2 - both peeing & pooping - hardly using toilet at all. We tried EVERYTHING. I finally brought her to doctor --- he said she was constipated and it hurt to go so she'd hold it and hold it until it would just come out. (she told me her poop was 'prickley' when I finally asked) He gave her a laxative (which I've stopped using) suggested juice, fruits, veggies, fiber, lots of liquids. Also NEVER have the kid 'hold it' - they need to go immediately.
    It took a while (few weeks) I started rewarding her when she goes - just like I did when training - with candy (2 pieces for poo) and she is doing SO much better - not perfect - but 1 accident every 2-3 days rather than 4-5 a day.
    I also think she was jealous because her brother is training and getting candy when he uses toilet.....
    I hope this helps!!!!!
    oporb

Answer by oporb at 8:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I don't think its normal, you should take your child to her pediatric, maybe she has an infection? past traumatic events she's witnessed, or maybe sexual abuse? -_-

psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 12:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009