i hate myself. really i do.

I am seriously on the verge of tears. I am 5'2 and weigh 158. I feel like I am helpless, I try dieting and fail after the first day. I cannot stick to anything. I used to be anorexic, how is this possible? Why can't I control myself. I feel fat and ugly. My husband even isn't attracted to me. I look in the mirror 24-7 and all I see is a pretty girl stuck in a fat ass body. I HATE MYSELF.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Health

• OK. First thing to know...if you slip once, it's NOT A FAILURE.

What kind of "dieting" are you trying to do? The only way really to do it is to adjust your eating patterns. More lean protein, banish the red meat. More veggies and fruits. 64 ounces of water a day...eliminate juices and whole milk. ]

Allow yourself a sweet treat daily...it's OK and you will be more inclined to lose if you reward yourself with something like a Fudgsicle or a cup of pudding.

I'll tell you this...I've dropped about ten pounds in the past two months through nothing more than what I wrote above. I don't work out...with two jobs I really don't have the time. But I DO walk a lot.

I set NO goals for myself. I lose what I lose and I'm happy with it. 5'5 1/2" and 175 pounds as of today. But I'm not pushing for anything.

Take the attitude that EVERY day is a new one with no mistakes in it. Allow rewards. You'll do GREAT if you do.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Go check out www.sparkpeople.com I dropped about 30 pounds a couple of years ago and that site really helped me. It helps you set goals and do things in baby steps. There are groups there you can join, nutrition trackers, fitness trackers, great articles, experts that answer questions, recipes, and TONS more. You can set up your own page and profile and input your info and it helps you establish goals and provides lots of tools and encouragement. Don't hate yourself, you can absolutely accomplish your goals.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Beauty is on the inside. It doesn't matter what you look like to the people who care for you and matter the most. They would love you even if you had lobsters crawling out of your ears. You should try to learn to be happy with who you are. Eat right and exercise, don't go to extremes. THat will help you feel better.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i know how u feel hon. im 5'1 and i weigh 180lbs. diet and exersize dont work for me im to the point where im going to my dr to ask her about the lap band. my knees hurt its hard for me to breath and i cant chase my kids....grrr i use to be so tiny in high school then when i had my dd i blew up...it makes me mad about how i use to be and what i am now. my hubby loves me but my ex use to ride me about my size all the time....he was a ass.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I feel that way too. I am 5'0 and i weigh 135 its horrible and i dont know how to stop eating!!! Food is soo good ! i used to be 95 lbs i gained 68 lbs when i got pg and its never going to go away. I never even liked food before. I am breastfeeding or i think i would be even bigger. I dont know what to do to help but you are not alone and knowing that im not the only one kinda made me feel better good luck!!!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I can undersand where you are, i am 5'6 and 200 lbs I was 230 lbs . it is good to be concious of what you r eating thats how i began to lose pounds i just ate 4 small meals a day i was never hungry/ starving but everyone is different.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry that you are sad. Losing weight will make you healthy, not happy.
    I would start with simple lifestyle changes for you and your family.
    Get moving! This can be as simple as walking for at least 20 minutes a day at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day (stop buying simple grains, like white rice and white breads).
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu.
    Don't buy processed foods. Eat real foods
    Feel free to contact me for healthy, tasty, budget and family friendly recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 AM on Jun. 7, 2009