My husband LOST my son today TWICE.

Both times for over 15-25 mins he couldn't find him. He agreed to watch him outside while I was inside doing some housework. The first time I was pissed but gave him another chance. The next time he lost him I freaked on him. Yelled, told him he could never watch him alone again. He and his family say I'm overreaccting but I think I am right. Would you allow your husband to watch your child anymore if he lost him TWICE in one day?

I am beside myself with anger and want to hurt my husband.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 11:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• No I don't think you are overreacting. Obviously your husband was paying NO attention to him at all if he lost him TWICE! And if it took him that long to find him, he must have gotten pretty far away before your DH realized he was gone. If he doesn't have the patience, attention span, concern, or what have you, to keep an eye on him, than no I wouldn't let him watch him alone anymore either. You can't take things like this lightly. Something bad could have happened and I wouldn't take my chances again.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• No, you are not overreacting. That is plenty of time for something bad to happen. :(
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• OMG i'd have lost it! i would have said the same thing, however is it really even possible for him to not watch him? i mean, is it his son? if so than i'm sure he'll be watching him again. try to take a deep breath and explain to him the problem with it, especially for that long, its not just a few secs or even a few mins but almost half an hour. thats just too much. ya, i'm livid for you, just talk to him tomorrow or the next day once you've calmed down a bit and explain to him why you freaked, he may not realize exactly how unsafe it is nowadays.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• it only takes one second, girl I would freak out !
    Moma_bear

Answer by Moma_bear at 11:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Overreacting? Hell no! I'd be divorcing my DH if he pulled that crap!!!!
    Anonymous

• Whnd he is not looking take your DH bye bye or send him to your friends. MAKE him understand its not a joke...(even though your pullin a joke) but he wont truly understand until its REALLY happened.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I am with anon that would be enough for me to call it quits.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• How does a grown man lose his child? Good Grief, he is lucky he isn't my husband, I would have found a way to lose him also,permanently!
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It takes 20 seconds for a stranger to snatch a child. You are not overreacting. Give your immature spouse a listing of registered child molesters in your area and maybe he will growup a bit.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2009