what is your opinion on Lenore Skenazy?

Personally, I think she's awesome. :)

mamajody0507

Asked by mamajody0507 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I really respect her and have taken some pointers. I am a little cautious because I worked with victims of violence and many of them children. But she hammers home a great point that most of the time it is by someone you know and trust. Not to mention that we need to teach kids how to protect and think for themselves - at age appropriate tasks of course. She is awsome and an inspiration at a time when so many people are suffocating their childrens independent skills. I love her site and sometimes visit to see her blogs. I like the latest one about some mom who put a GPS in her 20 something son's arm to track him while he was on vacation. Too funny! And rediculous. Let kids be kids and grow up to be normal.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Me too! And with her son's name Izzy Skenazy, that's like, the coolest name, ever! In all seriousness, I like some of her philosophies on parenting, though. I first saw her on an episode on Penn and Teller BullS***! and then on Dr. Phil and The View.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 11:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• She's my hero. I'm so glad I found her site...it is like a haven of sane thought in an insane world. I even have a group here for free-range parents because I just love her so much. Okay that's starting to sound a little gay...oh well, I still love her.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• loooooooooooove her. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2009