HOW CAN YOU BE WITH SOMEONE WHO YOU YOURSELF DON'T TRUST?

I have been with my SO for 7 long years, we are married with children, and at the beginning of our relationship a year in to it I almost became caught up with someone else. To this day he holds that against me. I never cheated never even came close to but the way it looked was bad. I did learn form that mistake pls mind that I was still a teen and naive. My So never completely trusted me again. It was one time when i was six months preg and he accused me of being with someone else. He call me out on this thing all the time, sometimes he says he joking and then a week later he says I was for real. I tried everything to prove to him that he is all I want, but now this is getting old. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Six years is a really long time to not trust someone. Perhap some counseling? Have you talked to him about it? Asked him how he cant trust you after so long? I mean, if you never physically cheated, i think thats a long time. But, I dont know your SO, so i dont know his mind.

I say get some counseling. Sorry i couldnt be of more help.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Counseling. SIx years later, he still brings that up? It says far more about HIM than about you....perhaps he's cheating and is trying to divert your attention.

COUNSELING. Go yourself if he won't go...but be prepared to go to a divorce lawyer next.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Have fun and be less serious.
    marievegan

Answer by marievegan at 11:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• he uses that as a control thing to keep you "in line". Ignore him when he does that. You don't have to prove anything to him. Nothing you can do or say will make him stop bc he enjoys tormenting you with it. Bullies don't stop tormenting until you show them it doesn't bother you anymore. Just laugh at him next time. If he thought you cheated he'd be gone for real.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2009