What chore do you hate your DH doing?

I know I should be thrilled that my SO likes to cook and help clean.

I really hate when he does laundry though! I like things folded a certain way, and put where they go. Is there anything that your DH does to help, but it just annoys you and causes more work than there was to begin with?

StifflersMom82

Asked by StifflersMom82 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Kitchen and bathroom. I'm so anal.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• its not really a chore, but getting the kids dressed, they never match and he can never ever do our daughters hair w/o half of it sticking out. i even lay clothes out for her (the little guy he hasn't met yet so we'll see..) and he will get something else b/c he thinks its pjs or says it doesn't match....he had her in a bright neon green shirt and pink leggings once. i was like umm its not the 80's
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Oh yea. I don't mind if he dresses the boys most of the time..but some of the outfits he comes up with man oh man. Today my 3 year old had a blue superman tshirt on, and he was going to let him wear blue shorts with orange and white hawaiian flowers. He said it matched. Shouldn't surprise me though since he had on a red shirt with black shorts and brown shoes...lol.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If my husband loads the dishwasher and then starts it, that's fine. But I don't like it when he puts stuff in there and it's not full yet and then I have to go behind and re-organize the dishwasher to get everything in before I run it. He'll also run it when it isn't as full. He thinks the dishes don't get as clean but they do and if not, it will be like one thing that didn't get clean. I thought maybe his mom didn't completely fill the dishwasher but she was here for Thanksgiving and she fills it just as much as I do if not more, so he didn't learn that from her. Otherwise he does everything else good enough.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Kitchen...but not if he does it right. I love and adore my hubby but if its not something he's "in the mood" to do, he only does enough to say its done. He'll leave certain dishes "soaking"...but never goes back to wash them. I am really anal about how I like things done, and he knows that. But if doesnt feel like making that effort, I'd just rather he not do it at all.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• ok laundry because he doesnt wash the way i wash- i seperate things differently than he does and he doesnt bleach the towels and wash cloths (i do i mean come on, they were used to wipe someones butt! lol)
    then theres the kitchen because i keep everything where i think it should go- hell put everything out of order
    putting things together- he doesnt like to read instructions so usually there ends up being something left over- and he puts the stuff together the way he wants them to be put together lmao
    ok well it will be easier if i say wut i DO allow him to do
    and that would be cleaning the living room- he cant do too much damage there
    oh and taking out the garbage thats it though lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Dishes or cooking yeah blah he just either doesn't clean them right or when he cooks its like he uses every dish to make one simple thing LOL
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• yes dressing my little sister because instead of dressing I walk in the room and they playing pillow fight. and she still in her PJs.
    Mommysangel866

Answer by Mommysangel866 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• NOTHING!!....lol if we wants to help, i'm allll for it...

i guess the only thing i don't want him doing is cooking... its not really a chore tho... but i just rencently taught him there are actual directions on the backs of things (shocking i know....)...lol
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• The dishwasher...loading and unloading...it's a catch 22, I like that someone else has taken over the chore, but I hate that it's half full, or that things are never put away in the right place - and if he can't find the right place he just stacks it on the counter.

No one else does the laundry around here except me...with the exception of my little helpers (my 5 and 7yr old daughters) who will help out when they are not tired or cranky....and OCCASIONALLY someone will unload the dryer and put the close from the washer into the dryer - but they won't reload the washer. There are 6 people in this family, there is ALWAYS a load of laundry to put in the washer!
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 11:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2009