Is it ok to do this?

I was just wondering in a religous aspect is it ok to home church? Is it ok with God or what? We are Baptist. Do any of you home church?

ellies3boys

Asked by ellies3boys at 11:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• the first churches set up by the apostles were homes.
    Anonymous

• There has been several times when we didn't make it to church that we would read a few scriptures and discuss them together. I guess that is home churching? I don't know what would be wrong with that.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong. Actually I think it is kind of cool. Preachers/Preists don't have an exclusive line to God anyway. Who better to teach your children what you believe then their parents :)
    Anonymous

• So in God's eyes you guys think it's ok? It is really hard for us to get to church. I don't always make it there. So we home church. I just want my kiddos to be Godly and want them to know about Christianity even if they don't go to church. Thank you so much!
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 11:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Why wouldn't it be?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I think home "churching" is a fine idea. Why not do it? Many Bible groups and study groups are home based.
    And you don't have to pass the offering plate! (just kidding) LOL
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It is fine however I encourage you not to go at it alone but have an accountablitiy team in place. This way spirit of control doesnt enter in or what not. Trust me I have been in 3 home churches and 1 succeeded only because it was Vineyard. The other two did not . One turn cultic and the other fell apart after I left it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• when i was younger we had church at home all the time there were about 15 of us and I loved it... So go for it if God leads you to do so.. Pray on it first :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Definitely. Home Fellowship would be closer to how the frist believers worshipped God. You won't find God in any of the churches today that's for sure.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• The bibles states that wherever three or more are gathered in his name he is there. But he is there regardless. I spend my sabbath studying God's word wether I go to church or stay home and study or take my kids to the park and watch my little blessings enjoy themselves I am spending time with God. I do not *imo* believe you HAVE to go to church. God just says it's a good idea s othat you don't waiver in your faith and have people to ask questions of and answer some for them. It's good to go but imo not a requirement.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2009