would you get a second opinion on this issue? thanks ladies

My daughter is 4 months, and last week i noticed flat red dots all over her. i counted 24.... they almost went away, but 2 days ago i noticed they got worse, and are bumps now a lot brighter, and there are a few more now. I made her a doctors appt and took her yesterday but it wasnt her normal pediatrician that we are used to seeing, we saw a diff one. She said its probably just an allergic reaction to something and give her some baby benedryl. Today though, they are even worse, the ones that were smaller, are now getting brighter and bigger... my mom said it looks like chicken pox but i havent noticed a fever either...

would you get a second opinion from a different doctor on this? it just seems weird to me.. its all over her.. legs, hands, arms, back, chest, face.... its not baby acne and its not heat rash either.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would not give a 4 month old benadryl and i would get a second opinion ASAP.
    if something she ingested was causing an allergic reaction then her doctor should be concerned.
    Anonymous

• yeah im not going to give her benedryl, i just don't feel comfortable with it at all. The dr was very nice, but the check up didnt really seem helpful....it was about 8 min long. she didnt feel the bumps or anything... just looked really quick over them..
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• ya, i would make another dr apt and get a second opinion!!! I hope they go away!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It may be roseola (sp may be wrong)
    Get another opinion to atleast ease yourself.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• could be hand, foot and mouth also. that can go all over the body. Looks like chicken pox, but there is no fever and they are really itchy and just have to run their course
    ilovemyjo2

Answer by ilovemyjo2 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Last summer my son had a rash just like what you are describing. (or atleast sounds the same) We all got it within a week or so, but it was just a virus the DR said. There was no fever or anything else..just red bumbs that came and went and came and went again..it looked similar to a heat rash, but wasn't.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2009