Is there something goin around?

So just in the past two weeks two of my friends here have been sick, my son woke up this morning sick, my husband was sick two days ago and several people at work have called in sick this week. Today we were down seven people!

Is there something going around?

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 11:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Right here Viola, first my son and now me. I feel like crap.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Ya some kind of flu. I was sick a few days ago. I called my midwife and she said there is something going around.
    Anonymous

• yep, there sure is... either a person i know or someone they know is sick or just got over being sick, or is coming down... i didn't feel to good for about a week, but it was just stuffed runny nose and a cough
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My son started sniffling and coughing a couple days ago. Then my middle daughter was complaining of a stuffy nose. My son's cough turned into a sore throat on Friday...the last day of school. He came home looking miserable and asked, "why do I have to get sick on the first day of summer vacation?" He's 7 1/2. He seems okay but now has laryngitis. You can barely hear him when he talks. And whatever he has he gave it to me because I'm feeling warn down and cruddy now. Won't be long before all the kids are sick. Grrr.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I just got over having strep throat and my daughter also got terribly sick!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• yeah the other day at the wic office all and i mean ALL of the little kids were snotty and even though i tried my best to keep my kids near me i am now nursing my youngest back to health- also my hubby is just getting over a cold
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• swine flu is still going around by me milwaukee wi or it could be because of the weather changing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It's been going around in our home, too, for the past two weeks.
    It drains us of a lot of energy for sure.

I hope everyone feels well soon.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2009