im 20 and my mom has custady of my daughter but now im...

im living with my mom and stepdad and the baby, and its so hard cause its more like my mom is her mother and im her sister then me being the mother i understand she is used to my mom being the one there for everthing but it hurts me like when she gets hurt she runs to my mom crying,tonight we all went out to eat and they were out of apple juice the lady came and asked me what i wanted instead for her and my mom came and butted in and asked what was the problem. but my feelings run deeper then that around the time i got prego with her my mom was trying to adopt a baby cause she wanted another baby the only reason she stopped trying is cause of the baby and its like she was out to take her from me from day one i know my mom is only trying to do whats right for her but i cant help but thinking she was out to take my daughter from me all along. am i being crazy

sariahsmommy1

Asked by sariahsmommy1 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• (con't)
    It will take time and it will be a long, hard road, but you are doing what is best for you and your child. Your mom taking care of your child while you get yourself together is a good thing. Not too many grandparents are willing to do this, so you are blessed. She obviously feels very connected to your child, so when it comes time for you to go to court to take back guardianship of your child, be sure to allow your mom a close relationship with her grandchild, but firmly tell her that you are the mom and that you make the decisions in your child's life, not her.
    I wish you all the best and pray that you make all the right decisions in your life for the benefit of your child.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:01 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• well how did your mom even get custody in the first place
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• my step daughter had a baby at 19 and the baby's PATERNAL grandma stepped in and took her to court for custody and the only way she would drop the suit is if my stepdaughter married her son and they lived with her to learn parenting.
    Well it took stepdaughter and her husband 3 yrs and another baby later to stand up to that woman and find a way to make it on their own.
    Problem now is the mother in kaw was so in charge of the little kids that my step daughter is 24 and has no clue.
    step up to the plate, work and fight for your child! call social services and ask what it takes for you to get custody! my step daughter took a stand against her mil and fought tooth and nail with her!! just to be sure her kids knew who was the real mom and who was the grandma
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• however much she fought....now she is on her own and spends hours texting me on how hard it really is to be on her ownbecause her mil never allowed her to parent full time....it was always a battle...for instance my step daughter complains she never gets to buy her kids things they need all the while her mil runs her mouth to everyone that she buys everything.....she doesnt give anyone a chance to buy anything!! we havent been able to buy the kids anything because the woman buys everything first!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• well its like she IS the childs mom... you gave her custody... she is raising this baby....

"she was out to get my baby all along".. are you serious?? be grateful you have someone like her... you obviously couldn't take care of the child...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I can't answer this question honestly until I know why she has custody in the first place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• wait..and you're pregnant again?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• and your naming your kid after a liquor?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• BTW, it's custody not custady.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Your mother IS the childs mother if she has custody of the child. There is a reason that she has parental rights to the child. Did you not learn to use protection..you are pregnant again? Who will raise this one?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2009