What would you do? I can't seem to forget what happened this afternoon.

O.k. first I want to say I'm the type of mom that opens her doors to all this kids I know, Both my sons' friends and others I know in my close-knit neighborhood. Well today, three 14 year old boys asked for a drink. I know two of them who are twins. I let them in my house and gave them all a drink. They wanted to see a reptile we have. It's in me and my husband's bedroom so I showed them. They wanted to say my husband's cigars. They're all in a humidor in my basement so I showed them. Now, they left. I went in my purse and all my money's missing. One of them somehow stole it. I was pissed and confronted them at the park next to my house. They all lied and said no. Not 5 minutes after I came back home, one of the twins I know said the other boy who is his and his brother's friend took it and is sorry and gave it back to me. I was on the verge to call the cops. I don't know if I should tell the twins' father?Help

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would tell their parents. If my children ever did something like that I would want to know. If it was the twin's freind, this freind may get them into more serious trouble next time. Either way the parents need to know.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Yes tell the Father. If he has any decency he will have the kids give you the money back. If he doesn't, then I would call the cops.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I would definately talk to the parent's of all three kids. Do you really think it was the twin? (I do, but he could be telling the truth)
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Wow this could be the begining of a hard road ahead or maybe they are hanging with a bad crowd. I think I would just give the boys parents a heads up on the situation. I would want to know if my sons were hanging around people like this. And what had happened. Goodluck!
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 12:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• First 2 answerers, read the darn question before answering. She said she got the money back and she said the twin said it was his friend.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i would tell the father but make sure to tell him which one came and told you the truth and returned the money
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Definately tell him POLITELY and just as an informative. Dont accuse or act like you are on the verge of calling the cops. Just say "Hey, ya know I just wanted to give you a heads up that while ___, ________, and ________ were at my house, I had money go missing. I confronted the boys and this is what they told me. I have the money back and dont want to make a huge deal out of it but if it were my son, I would want to know."
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:46 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Yes I think you should tell the father and not be condescending but did you not think it was at all odd when 14 year old boys are asking to see your husband's cigars?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2009