• In the Spotlight:

Stuffed animal night lights- suggestions?

My son will get up and turn on his light. But we plugged in night lights, and he just pulls them out, which we don't feel is safe for a 4 year old. Anyone recommend a soft, stuffed night light that is under $30. The turtle with the stars look cool, but I a m afraid he would quickly break the shell made from plastic. And you have to put it on the floor in the middle of the room. I remember my brother had a "glo worm" in the 1980's when he was a preschooler.

crystaljedi

Asked by crystaljedi at 12:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wal-Mart sells a night light bear. It's white, and has a light that shines through its tummy. It cycles through all sorts of colors, isn't too bright, and shuts off automatically after about fifteen minutes or so. They're only about $20. My oldest daughter has one, and she loves that thing.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 12:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• This isn't a stuffed animal but it's quite nice:
    http://www.amazon.com/MOBI-70162-Mobi-TykeLight-Blue/dp/B001ETWU4U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1244350129&sr=8-2

The light has no exposed contacts, the child can even sleep with it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• They still make that glow worm. My two each have one. They sell them at Walmart and Target.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 1:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Glo-Worm, or let him have like my son has with him - a flashlight and a little Spiderman push-light.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 10:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• when my dd did this we took the bulbs out of her room when she wasnt home and told her it was broke...she excepted the answer. as far as the night lite goes my parents have one that it motion activated it stays on for a little bit and then goes off...its not very bright either.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• we have both the white teddy bear and the tyke lights they both work well and shut off automatically after 15 minutes. The tyke light can be left on all night if needed. My cousins son did this so she got a green colored bulb and a small lamp for his room , he outgrew if soon enough.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 6:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2009