has anyone else had this cause i never have

im 6 months and there and days in a row that the mucles in my stomach are tightning up and after a while it hurts u know how if u flex ur arm and hold it how it starts to hurt.. thats how its feeling and i have told my doc and they dont seem to care they keep giving me stupid reasons why its happening i dont even know its doing it till it starts hurting and its driving me crazy i never felt this during my first pregnancy has anyone else felt this??

sariahsmommy1

Asked by sariahsmommy1 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am in my 6th month also and i know exactly how you feel. I went and did my own looking up and I read it was most likley braxton hicks...but if you get more than four braxton hicks in a hour to call your docter. I went in becouse i had more than four and they couldnt tell me what it was but they did look to see if my cerfix was thining. They had told me that it was mostly my body practicing for labor. It happend for a couple days off and on after I had went to the docter then it stopped totally.
    So I dont think there is really anything to worry about....but I know it freaked me out when I had them.
    jo_jo453

Answer by jo_jo453 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It sounds like Braxton Hicks to me. I am 33 weeks with my 3rd and didn't have them with my first two either. I get anywhere between 8-14 a day. My doctor said they are not a problem unless they form a pattern, increase in intensity and duration, and do not go away with rest and water. It is just your body's way of practicing for show time. From what I have read it is not uncommon in subsequent pregnancies for them to be more noticeable or start earlier because you body know the drill already.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 1:42 AM on Jun. 7, 2009