I need to quite smoking becouse im pregnant...but how?

I try so hard...almost everthing I can think of but it just makes me crave more.
Does anyone know any tipps?
Please I feel horrible when I do it , but I feel like I need it.

jo_jo453

Asked by jo_jo453 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tomorrow is my quit date. I'm 6 weeks and found out last week. I'm using a patch but only for a few days, then I'll go cold turkey. The patch is way less harmful then smoke so anything to quit is more helpful then harmful. If you want a buddy then let me know, I can be here for you :)
    Smoking can cause so many defaults including miscarrying, deformities and more. It just isnt worth it.
    I smoked for 8 years, been smoking a pack or more a day. Tonight is the last time I will light up. What we are doing is similar to putting a cigarette in a baby's mouth. Its like having a really slow abortion or similar to abusing our baby.
    Like I said, msg me if you want to buddy up. How many weeks are you?
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Oh poo on the first answer......I did different things....like you know the cig you always want after dinner or a good meal.....find a way to skip that one...I had to find ways to skip the ones that you want the most...after dinner...first thing in the morning....i know you know the ones i'm talking about...you know what they say about idol hands.....do something with them....crosswords....knitting...some how or another you have to retrain your brain ....when you want one..instead of grabbing the smoke.....get a lollypop......put them right next to eachother....its hard...i know...i had to quit twice...you can do it....Each day gets easier....You will always want a smoke...i still want one...but the differance is now...you won't NEED one....GOOD LUCK......
    hollymmm

Answer by hollymmm at 1:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• honestly i bought one pack of cigarettes, my favs and hid them in our car from my DH, somewhere he would never look and when i ran errands by myself i would have just one, half on the way there and half on the way back. i think it worked for me because i normally never run errands by myself. but good luck and congrats!
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2009