Do You Wake Your Baby...

my DD went to bed tonight w/ a fever of 103, but she wasnt acting sick. she has no diarrhea or vomiting & wasnt acting lethargic. we gave her Motrin (what our Dr told us to do) & she is sleeping like...well a baby. i checked her recently & she's still very warm to the touch. (she's almost 12 m/o).

my question is...do you wake your baby up to give her more medicine or just let her sleep?

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 12:38 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With a history of a fever of 103 at her age, I'd take her temperature a few times during the night. That would probably mean waking her. Remember - your hand is a terrible way to take a temperature. If necessary, I'd not hesitate to give more medicine or a cool bath if needed to get her fever under 102.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I agree with the above poster
    SCrockett

Answer by SCrockett at 1:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• thanks so much ladies! my DD decided to wake herself up, so i no longer have to worry about it! her fever is down to 100.5 & we gave her another dose of medicine just in case. i hope y'all have a great night!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2009